Forum of rural stakeholders
The ‘The Forum of Rural Stakeholders’ Group, convened by Rural Business Tasmania Inc, comprises members of like-minded services and individuals who have a stake in our rural communities. The Form facilitates discussions to assist service providers, ensuring there is an integrated and coordinated approach to the provision of services in rural communities and farming families. It also identifies recommendations that can be taken to improve the economic and social well-being of the rural community.
The Group provides a forum for regional, community and government services to:
- Share information about rural service delivery
- Determine trends and indications for emerging issues that may need addressing
- Identify service gaps and issues related to the rural community
- Explore opportunities for collaboration in the work environment with rural communities
- Communication information and provide an integrated contact platform
The Group is not a decision-making body, but does expect participants to actively participate and, where possible and appropriate, support the activities of other members. The function of the Group relies on participants’ work being relevant to rural communities. Membership consists of invited representatives from state-wide, focused community and government organisations involved in the provision of services to the rural community that have a strong rural enterprise member base together with stakeholders of the rural community.
Current members include:
- Rural Business Tasmania
- Relationships Australia
- Rural Youth Organisation of Tas
- Rural Alive and Well
- Tas Farmers & Graziers
- Tas Women in Agriculture
- Tas Small Business Council
- NRM North
- MI Fellowship Aspire Services
- DHHS (Centrelink)
- Country Women’s Assocation
- Tas Industry Seafood Council
- Local Govt. Assoc. of Tas
- Timber Communities Aus.
- Poppy Growers Tasmania Inc.
Host Organisation: Rural Business Tasmania
Chair: Elizabeth Skirving (Rural Business Tasmania, Chief Executive Officer)