Rural Financial Counseling Service Tasmania
Supported by the Federal and State Governments, Rural Business Tasmania’s flagship service provides confidential and independent assistance to primary producers, fishermen and small rural businesses that are suffering financial hardship, and that have no alternative sources of impartial support, to manage the challenges of change and adjustment.
- Helps clients gain better understanding of their financial position;
- Helps clients identify financial and business risk and opportunities;
- Helps clients negotiate with lenders and creditors;
- Gives clients information about government and their assistance schemes;
- Refers clients to specialist service providers including accountants, agricultural advisers and educational services, succession planners, family mediation and personal counseling, and emotional and social counselling.
Rural Business Consultancy
Rural Business Tasmania offers a dedicated and professional farm business consultancy service to primary producers and small rural businesses.
Cash flow forecasts
Government grant applications
Financial Support and Business Coaching Services
The service assists farming families and agricultural small businesses to better understand their financial position and options
- Financial position assessment and explanation
- Budgets and cash flow preparation
- Business plan preparation
- Advocacy and financial counseling for business needing to adjust
- Loan and/or re-finance applications.
- Impartial support and mediation including negotiation with creditors and financial institutions.
- Assistance to access government entitlements Farm Household Allowance (FHA)
Bookkeeping and Administration Services
This service primarily offers book keeping and business administration to individuals and businesses that either do not have the time, resources and/or expertise to efficiently and effectively manage this essential business function.
- Invoicing and Accounts Receivable
- Bill paying and Accounts
- Bank reconciliation including credit cards
- Monthly financial reports
- Letter Writing
Rural Business Tasmania is currently investigating a range of other programs including partnerships to deliver further financial counselling and training and research programs.
If you are interested in partnering with Rural Business Tasmania or would like to suggest an opportunity, please contact us.
Pathway to Profit
Pasture Principles Program Outline
Pasture Principles Registration Form